Friday, April 29, 2011

Iris Bench Poster

The Iris Bench design was inspired by a long metal piece that consisted of many elements and principles, which led to my concept model design. Everything that was built had to relate back to the elements and principles, so it took me many explorations of benches to get to my final design.

During the whole process, I realized how challenging it was to design any type of bench or chair. I never knew how important ADA requirements are until building my own bench. I think that I've grown so much from this project because I had to find the solutions and answers to my own questions and issues. I believe that I now have a better understanding of how the elements and principles work, and how they are applied.

Designing the layout of this poster was also a challenge for me. I've learned the importance of alignment because it is what makes a poster professional. Although posters look like they're pretty easy to design, it's actually not. It uses a lot of thinking and processing, which I now feel that I understand it more. Not only that, but the writing descriptions is also were very challenging because you can't use "me, I, or myself." Overall, this whole Bench project has definitely changed my way of thinking and perspective on design.

No comments:

Post a Comment