Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sketch - Kitchen Still-Life

The purpose of this sketch was to create a still-life on a table using kitchen/eating items and an unexpected item, considering the different textures, value changes, and volume of each. Sketching a still-life have always been a challenge for me because it is difficult to make sure everything is in perspective. I started building the still-life with a cupcake, then I added the wine glass and chopsticks. For the unexpected item, I chose a pair of pearl earrings to represent a girl. Since the chopsticks is very Asian and the wine glass is very American, I decided to capture the mood of the drawing as "Cute Asian American Girl." What I found quite interesting were the textures because I had to figure out how to color and shade each object to make it look like it's the right texture. I feel that this sketch was a success, but what I would do to make it better would be to try to draw it from one perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment